Sunday 24 March 2013

Carpet (sort of)

I promised myself that I wouldn't post half completed jobs on this blog but I couldn't resist today.

I think we did quite well. Hubby added the GPS antenna, ran some new speaker wire in the hard to reach places and set up the multimedia unit so we could test it with our new speakers. It works!

We started and almost completed laying the carpet.

Here's the before shot:
If you look closely, you can see the heat proof fabric we have used to insulate where our legs will go when we are driving. Another sheet of heat proofing will go on top of that engine access door, then we will cover it in carpet too.
 
Here's what we got up to today:
MOST of the carpet is in. Just have to complete the hatch and the small curved step (closest to the front of the photo). As I said, we need to insulate the access door and cover that too. 
 
I've spray painted the seat mount on the left because I think we will need it for the new seats, even though we do need to ask the engineer's opinion when we see him next week at our initial inspection appointment. Sadly the new seat didn't fit on the driver's side as we expected so we had to remount the old one for now too.
 
Here's a little sneak peek at the new seats:
 
Cool huh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment